If you are interested in joining us, please visit Jobs at Columbia at any time to view and apply for current non-instructional job openings at all Columbia University locations. If you are interested in instructional positions, please see the Recruitment of Academic Personnel System (RAPS).
Please note the following:
- All job applicants are required to apply electronically in our Jobs at Columbia system.
- You must meet all minimum stated requirements to apply for a position.
- As required by federal law, you must be currently eligible to work in the United States to be considered for a position.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer - Gender/Race/Disability/Veterans. Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Columbia University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the position. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Manager of Return to Work Program, Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Five Easy Steps for Applying for Jobs at Columbia University
- Go Online to Search for Jobs.
Visit Jobs at Columbia and click on “Search Postings” near the top left corner. You can search current openings for regular full-time or part-time non-instructional positions at all Columbia University locations.
- Create A Master Application.
If you wish to apply for a job, you will choose a user name and password and enter your master application information.
Note: Be sure to write down your user name and password for future reference. Your master application includes a summary of your employment history; please have relevant contact information with you when you create your master application. This process takes on average 20 to 40 minutes to complete.
You will use your master application to apply for any job without having to re-enter the information each time you apply. (You will also have the opportunity later to attach your resume when you apply for a position.)
- Apply for Specific Positions.
You will be able to apply for any job for which you meet all the minimum stated qualifications. This process takes on average 5 to 10 minutes each time you apply.
Look for the prompt to upload your resume; don't forget to finish submitting the application once your resume is uploaded.
- Check the Status of Your Application.
Use your user name and password to log on at any time and check the status of all your applications or to withdraw an application.
- Log Out/Log In For Security.
Make sure to log out every time you leave the site. You will be able to log in again using your user name and password. To keep your personal data safe, the system will log you out automatically if there is no activity for fifteen minutes.
Where to Access Jobs at Columbia
Anywhere in the world:
Access Jobs at Columbia from any computer with Internet access. Note: Works with Netscape Version 4.7 or higher or Internet Explorer Version 5.5 or higher. Internet Explorer Version 6.0 is recommended. For Macintosh, works with Mozilla or Safari.
On Columbia’s campuses:
- Columbia Employment Information Center, 3180 Broadway (near 125th Street). Open Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Note: Please arrive prior to 4:00 p.m. if you wish to complete an online application.
- Medical Center Human Resources, 650 West 168th Street, Room 101 Open Mon–Fri, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. except Wed, open 9:00 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- Kiosks throughout campuses (available to Columbia employees with valid IDs).
In the community: