General Purchasing/Discounts for Departments
Columbia Purchasing Office
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. The Purchasing Office is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Purchasing Office also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University’s buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Purchasing Office web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Purchasing Office phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Purchasing staff member.
CUIT Computer Discounts
Telephone: (212) 854-1919
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Personal Discounts for Faculty and Staff
Arts, Dining, and Entertainment
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Six Flags Great Adventure: Save more than 50% on the price of a ticket to Six Flags Great Adventure by purchasing your tickets through Columbia.
- Log into the website and enter Username: cunycga and Password: SixFlags1. Password is case-sensitive.
Computer Discounts: Columbia provides programs to help students, faculty, and staff make personal purchases of computers and software conveniently and reasonably. Apple and Dell offer individuals the same corporate discounts provided to Columbia departments.
Columbia Bookstore: Show your University ID Card at the registers of the Barnes & Noble on the Morningside campus to receive 10% off select items.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
Register now and enjoy instant access - it’s easy and you can access the site from both work and home!
SpendLess: As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Humana, SpendLess is an online program that offers faculty and staff exclusive discounts on a variety of name-brand products and services at national retailers such as Ann Taylor, Avis, Barnes & Noble, The Children's Place, Footlocker, GAP, GNC, PetSmart, ProFlowers, Target, and more.
- Log in to the EAP website. Username: columbia, Password: eap
- Click on "Click here for the Humana web site"
- On the site, move your cursor over the tab "What's On Your Mind" and choose "Daily Living" from the drop down menu
- You will find the "Discount Center - SpendLess" link on the right hand column
- Registration required.
Working Advantage: Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
- To register for your free account, please contact email@example.com for the member ID number.
- Then, go to the Working Advantage webpage and click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page. Then click “Employees Click Here.”
Wellness-related discounts on gym memberships, cycling and nutrition are available on the Work/Life website.
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Preferred Vendor List.
Phone / TV
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
AT&T: 20% off per month and other discounts
Sprint: 19% off per month and other discounts.
Call: (866) 693-8354
Go to a store near you: www.sprint.com/storelocator
Bring your Columbia University ID or paystub and mention this code: GAUNV_CLB_ZZZ
- Waived Activation Fees for New Accounts
- Unlimited and Family Share Plans
- Cut your Bill in Half (Not discountable)
Columbia Employees can now enjoy a 15% monthly discount off their monthly bills (MRC) - Click Here To Shop T-Mobile (link is external), or call (866) 464-8662 [option 1]. You must identify yourself as an employee of Columbia University and mention Promo Code:12713TMOFAV. If you require additional support please contact David Holdwright by phone at (973) 960-4499 or by email at David.holdwright@T-Mobile.com(link sends e-mail). Retail Activations Do Not Qualify For This Offer
- Click here for a limited-time Exclusive Offer from T-Mobile for Columbia University Employees
- No annual service contracts and No overage changes
- Receive a 15% monthly discount off your rate plan. Retail Activations Do Not Qualify For This Offer
- Rollover your unused data on plans 3GB and higher+ 10GB of LTE data just for signing up (per line)
- Early Termination Fees reimbursed up to $650 per line to help free you from costly service contracts
- Unlimited Music streaming on over 26 stations
- Unlimited data and text in over 120 countries included at no extra charge
- Unlimited talk, text, and data on the fastest nationwide 4G LTE network
- Phone upgrades whenever you want with JUMP!
- 200 MB of additional data free for life on all T-Mobile connected tablets
Verizon Wireless: 19% off per month and other discounts
Special FiOS Offer for Employees. Because There's Life After Work!
- Special bonus: Get a $300 Visa® prepaid card* if you sign a 2-yr. triple play agreement.
- Offer ends 7/11/2015. Bundle Includes: FiOS® TV SELECT HD, FiOS 25/25 MBPS INTERNET AND HOME PHONE.
- See flier for details.
- Existing Verizon Customers may be eligible for monthly discounts of up to $10 on qualifying bundles. Please visit www.verizon.com/connections to start saving!
Campus Travel Management: Through Campus Travel Management, Columbians can receive free/discounted services for all their travel-related needs.
Transportation Services has partnered with NJ TRANSIT to offer all currently enrolled full-time undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to purchase a bus, rail, or light rail monthly pass at 25% off the regular monthly pass price.
ZipCar: Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city! Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.