Columbia University faculty and staff may take advantage of special pricing on a range of goods and services for work and/or personal use—from consumer electronics, to hotels, to event tickets. In most cases, you only need to present your University ID or follow the link provided on this page.
Information and instructions are included with each listing below. For technical issues or additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
General Purchasing/Discounts for Departments
Columbia Purchasing Office
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. The Purchasing Office is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Purchasing Office also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University’s buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Purchasing Office web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Purchasing Office phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Purchasing staff member.
CUIT Computer Discounts
Telephone: (212) 854-1919
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Personal Discounts for Faculty and Staff
Arts, Dining and Entertainment
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Six Flags Great Adventure: Please use Working Advantage or TicketsatWork to purchase discounted Six Flags tickets.
Computer Discounts: Columbia provides programs to help students, faculty, and staff make personal purchases of computers and software conveniently and reasonably. Apple and Dell offer individuals the same corporate discounts provided to Columbia departments.
Columbia Bookstore: Show your University ID Card at the registers of the Barnes & Noble on the Morningside campus to receive 10% off select items.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
Register now and enjoy instant access - it’s easy and you can access the site from both work and home!
CORPORATE SHOPPING COMPANY EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS - TOP RETAILERS INDIVIDUAL LINKS FOR COLUMBIA
UP TO 25% OFF AT AVIS Rent-A-Car
With special employee discounts and the highest levels of service there's never been a better reason to rent with Avis!
Offer: UP TO 25% OFF
Code: (AWD) code: D134100
UP TO 25% OFF AT BUDGET Rent-A-Car
Budget-Rent-A-Car is one of the leading, most trusted providers of affordable and reliable car rental for the value-minded consumer.
Offer: UP TO 25% OFF
Code: BCD number: Z408900
HERTZ Car Rental
Hertz offers savings and benefits wherever you rent — with 1,000 airport locations and over 1,000 locations across the country.
Offer: UP TO 15% OFF
Code: CDP#: 1742729
5% OFF HOTELS AT ORBITZ.COM
Orbitz Worldwide is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travelers to search for, plan and book a broad range of travel products and services including airline tickets, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages.
Offer: 5% OFF Hotels
Code: TRAVEL 5
10% OFF HOTELS.COM
Hotels.com has over 145,000 hotels in more than 60 countries. Whether you are travelling last minute as a family or need a hotel for business, we have the right hotel deal for you.
Offer: 10% OFF
Code: See site for discount code
15% OFF AT BROOKS BROTHERS
ENROLL NOW for your FREE Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card and Save 15% OFF on regular price merchandise at Brooks Brothers U.S. and Canadian stores (including Outlets), by phone or online at BrooksBrothers.com.
Offer: 15% OFF
Code: see below
Organization ID #: 06001
Organization Enrollment Pin: 72644
Organization Name: Corporate Shopping Company
Click on link to register: http://membership.brooksbrothers.com
SpendLess: As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Humana, SpendLess is an online program that offers faculty and staff exclusive discounts on a variety of name-brand products and services at national retailers such as Ann Taylor, Avis, Barnes & Noble, The Children's Place, Footlocker, GAP, GNC, PetSmart, ProFlowers, Target, and more.
- Log in to the EAP website. Username: columbia, Password: eap
- Click on "Click here for the Humana web site"
- On the site, move your cursor over the tab "What's On Your Mind" and choose "Daily Living" from the drop down menu
- You will find the "Discount Center - SpendLess" link on the right hand column
- Registration required.
TicketsatWork is the leading Corporate Entertainment Benefits provider, offering exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and much more. TicketsatWork is a unique benefit offered exclusively to companies and their employees.
Our company code: CUMC
Working Advantage: Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
- Only available to faculty and staff at this time.
- To register for your free account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Company ID number.
- Then, go to the Working Advantage webpage and click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page. Then click “Employees Click Here.”
Wellness-Related Discounts on gym memberships, cycling and nutrition are available on the Work/Life website.
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Preferred Vendor List.
Phone / TV
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
AT&T: 20% off per month and other discounts
Sprint: 19% off select regularly priced Sprint monthly data service.
Call: (866) 639-8354
Go to a store near you: www.sprint.com/storelocator
Bring your Columbia University ID or paystub and mention this code: GAUNV_CLB_ZZZ
Current Sprint Customer? Want to Receive Your Discount?
- Please visit www.sprint.com/verify
- Enter in your mobile phone number on the Sprint network
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign up for the discount.
- Click on the link you will receive in your work email
- This will activate your discount and verify your employment. You should expect to see the discount on your bill within 1 to 2 billing cycles.
In some instances, this process may not work for you. Make sure you enter in your mobile phone number before proceeding to the following steps.
- Upload Documentation to receive your discount: Click here.
- Fax Documentation to receive your discount: Click here.
- Have you changed affiliations? Click here to revalidate with your new discount.
Columbia Employees can receive a $150.00 prepaid MasterCard for porting existing numbers over to T-Mobile per line when activating a new account and porting a new line of service to an existing account between now and March 31, 2017. You will also qualify for a $25 Rewards Card when activing a new line of service or upgrading a new headset from T-Mobile. Place you order only by calling 866-464-8662 option 0 and referencing promo code 12713TMOFAV or by Clicking Here. If you require additional support please call David Holdwright at (973) 960-4499 you can email him at David.Holdwright@T-Mobile.com. Retail activations do not qualify for this offer. *
Exclusive Discount Offers For Columbia Employees;
- $150.00 Prepaid Mastercard when porting over existing numbers over to T-Mobile good through March 31st
- Receive a $25.00 Rewards Card when activating a new line (per line) of service or upgrading your handset
- New T-Mobile ONE where it’s an all in 1 plan that includes taxes and fees. Family of 4 only $40.00 per line or 2 for $100.00….limited time offer
- 15% monthly discount for those on legacy Simple Choice qualifying rate plans
- T-Mobile Tuesdays Where you get FREE stuff every Tuesday. Download the app TODAY!!!!
- No Contracts , Overage Charges and No Taxes or fees
- Add up to 12 lines on a Family plan
- Unlimited talk, text & calls to Canada and Mexico
- Unlimited text & data, coverage in over 140+ countries and calls are only 20 cents a minute.
- Latest LTE Handsets
- Streaming Music & Video on select channels like Netflix, Hulu and YouTube for FREE
- Free Shipping
- Generous 20-day return policy
- Retail Activations DO NOT Qualify for this offer.
* Offer valid on new activations and orders only by calling 866-464-8662 option 0 and referencing promo code 12713TMOFAV.Retail activations DO NOT qualify for this offer. $150.00 gift card cannot be combined with Contract Freedom Subject to change without notice*
Verizon Wireless: 19% off per month and other discounts
- Please use generic @columbia.edu email domain (without exchange server) when signing up.
Verizon FiOS: (click for PDF)
Order a NEW Fios Triple Play bundle for just $69.99 per month for 12 months!
Visit www.verizon.com/connections to order today.
Bundle includes: 150/150 Mbps Internet + Custom TV + Phone
Plus, order online with a 2 year agreement and get:
- HBO® included for 1 year (reg. $15/mo.)
- Enhanced multi-room DVR service free for 2 years
- 20,000 My Rewards+ points*. That’s like getting $200!
- Standard setup charge is waived ($90 value)
Have Verizon Wireless service?
- $250 Verizon Wireless Gift Card! (Enter your VZ Wireless mobile number when prompted during the online order process)
Offer available online only at www.verizon.com/connections. Orders placed by phone or any other method do not qualify for the above offer.
Offer ends 5/20/2017.
*2 Year Fios Triple Play agreement required with new TV and Internet installation
$69.99/mo for year 1. $84.99/mo. for year 2 w/2-yr. agreement. Plus taxes, RSN, FDV, other fees & $12/mo. STB equip. charges. See website for details.
Online price. Employee discount included.
Current Verizon customers with TV, Internet and home phone bundles already installed may be eligible for discounts of up to $10 off per month! Please go to www.verizon.com/connections to see if your bundle qualifies.
For issues regarding program enrollment or questions on the Fios new customer offer, please contact Catherine.email@example.com
Campus Travel Management: Through Campus Travel Management, Columbians can receive free/discounted services for all their travel-related needs.
Transportation Services has partnered with NJ TRANSIT to offer commuter benefits. To learn more, visit the Transportation website: http://transportation.columbia.edu/commuter-benefits.
ZipCar: Join as a Columbia University affiliate (students, faculty and staff) and receive a discount toward membership.
Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city! Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.