The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a network of services to help you and your household members cope with issues that you experience in everyday life. The EAP, provided by Humana, also offers short-term confidential counseling, wellness resources and different tools to help you be successful in the workplace. You do not have to be covered by a Columbia University medical plan to take advantage of the EAP. You, and members of your household, can receive assistance with a wide variety of services, including:
- Confidential 24/7 counseling and referral services
- Short-term counseling of up to three sessions per topic (e.g., stress, anxiety or relationship issues)
- Phones answered by licensed Master's or Ph.D.-level mental health/substance abuse professionals and, if needed, referral to a network of more than 20,000 counselors available nationwide
- Adult/Elder Care research and referral services
- Life Coach. A personalized program to help you achieve lifestyle goals. Meet with a coach by phone, email or online chat
- Convenience Services. Research and referrals for every day needs (e.g., travel arrangements, pet care, movers and restaurant recommendations)
Additional online services include: Text4Baby, Corporate Perks and CaringBridge.
Free to you: Columbia University assumes all costs for initial assessment and confidential counseling sessions through the EAP for up to three counseling sessions per subject. If additional assistance is necessary, the counselor will give you referrals, taking into account your preferences, Medical Plan and financial circumstances.
Stressed Out? Financial Worries? Elder Care Issues?These are just a few of the reasons to call the EAP. Free, confidential help and support is available 24/7.
Call 888-673-1153; TTY: 711
Or log in to: www.humana.com/eap
Username: Columbia; Password: eap
This Month's EAP Packet is now available.
The Monthly Packet is available here: Monthly Packet