2018 Officers - Choice Plus Plans

Columbia offers three different Choice Plus medical plans—80, 90 and 100—so that you can choose the plan that best suits your needs. 

With any of these plans, you have the flexibility to use in-network or out-of-network providers each time you seek care. However, you can minimize your out-of-pocket expenses when you use in-network providers.
 
Find a DoctorIn-Network Coverage: For the 80, 90 and 100 medical plans, you pay a $30 copay for physician office visits (including specialists and urgent care), when you use UHC network providers. Preventive care is covered at 100% with no deductible for in-network services. The deductible, coinsurance and all medical and prescription drug copays accumulate toward your annual out-of-pocket maximum. 
 
Choice Plus 80
 
Other than preventive care and copays, for most in-network medical services you must meet an annual deductible of $600 per member before the Plan pays the coinsurance of 80% of the negotiated fee; you are responsible for the remaining 20% of the coinsurance. After you reach the in-network out-of-pocket maximum of $3,750 for an individual and $7,500 for a family, the Choice Plus 80 plan pays 100% of covered in-network medical charges and prescription drug copays for the remainder of the calendar year. Most out-of-network services are covered at 60%* after the annual deductible of $850 per member.

Choice Plus 90

Other than preventive care and copays, for most in-network medical services you must meet the annual deductible of $400 per member before the Choice Plus 90 plan pays the coinsurance of 90% of the negotiated fee; you are responsible for the remaining 10% of the coinsurance. After you reach the in-network out-of-pocket maximum of $3,250 for an individual and $6,500 for a family, the Plan pays 100% of covered in-network medical charges and prescription drug copays for the remainder of the calendar year. Most out-of-network services are covered at 60%* after the annual deductible of $850 per member.
 

Choice Plus 100

The Choice Plus 100 plan has a $200 deductible for some in-network services. Copays apply for certain services and in some cases are dependent on where the service is received. For example, inpatient hospital services require a $500 per admission copay; outpatient hospital services, including lab and radiology, require a $150 copay.** In addition, after you reach the in-network out-of-pocket maximum of $4,750 for an individual and $9,500 for a family, the Plan pays 100% of covered in-network medical charges for the remainder of the calendar year. Most out-of network services are covered at 60%* after the annual deductible of $850 per member.
 
Whenever you are having diagnostic or preventive tests, be sure to ask your physician if he/she is referring you to a provider who is in-network.
 
* of 190% of the Medicare Maximum Allowable Charge (MAC)
** The $150 outpatient hospital copay does not apply if you obtain your lab and/or radiology at certain New York Presbyterian (NYP) locations. See the list of NYP participating locations (search under “NYP”). 
 
MEDICAL & PRESCRIPTION DRUG ID CARDS 
If you newly enroll in medical benefits, you will receive a UHC ID card. This card will include member information for medical and prescription drug coverage. It takes approximately three weeks for new hires to receive an ID card. If you need a temporary ID card sooner, go to www.myuhc.com two weeks after you complete your benefits enrollment to download and print your temporary card.