View/Update Personal Data

People @ Columbia (PAC)

PAC is the system in which the University processes Human Resources and Payroll transactions. Employees use PAC to view their paychecks, direct deposit information, and other personal data such as addresses and phone numbers.  Managers, faculty and staff use PAC to view and update hiring, pay, address and other important data.

Employee Records

Keeping Records Updated

Information ranging from home address and marriage date to title and salary is maintained for every University Faculty & Staff member.

If any of your personal contact information changes (for example, home, office, and e-mail addresses; phone and fax numbers), you should update it yourself by signing into the MyColumbia Portal at On the “Faculty and Staff” tab, select “People @ Columbia – Self-Service” and then “Update Your Personal Information.”

For other information (e.g., marriage information or name change), ask your departmental administrator, supervisor, or local Human Resources office to submit changes on a Personnel Action Form (PAF).

Questions can be directed to the Human Resources Service Center.

Access to Employee Records

You may review the contents of your personnel file by making arrangements through Human Resources. Support Staff in a collective bargaining unit should contact Labor Relations; all other Faculty and Staff should contact Employee Relations. However, the contents of the file remain the exclusive property of the University. Copies of material contained in your file may be made only with the approval of the Vice President of Human Resources.

Labor Relations

615 West 131st Street, Mail Code 8710
Floor 5 Studebaker
Telephone: (212) 851-4089

Employment & HR Client Services

615 West 131st Street, MC 8704
Floor 4 Studebaker
Telephone: (212) 851-7008

Information for every employee—including name, title, department, office address, and office telephone—is updated regularly in the online Columbia University Directory.

It is the University’s policy to furnish information contained in your personnel file when a lawful subpoena or court order has been properly served. In most circumstances, the University will attempt to notify you when such a request has been made.