Discounts for Departments and Individuals
Columbia Purchasing Office
1700 Broadway, 11th Floor, Mail Code 7501
Telephone: (212) 854-4179
The Purchasing Office is responsible for implementing and directing all University procurement policies and procedures. The Purchasing Office is committed to providing optimum procurement service and assistance to the University community, and working with faculty and staff to develop and implement sound, cost-effective policies, procedures and systems to facilitate the procurement of the goods and services needed to support University research and teaching.
The Purchasing Office also negotiates and executes Master Agreements with vendors in order to provide the University Community with the best total cost for goods and services. Master Agreements utilize the University’s buying power, ensuring that the goods and services provided offer the best value to the University.
The Purchasing Office web page is a resource that provides all pertinent information, including necessary forms, lists of all University Master Agreements, Purchasing Office phone numbers and email address, etc. If there are any questions concerning policies or procedures, the website can answer them or you can contact any Purchasing staff member.CUIT Computer Discounts
Telephone: (212) 854-1919
Schools and departments can make institutional computer purchases through Columbia's agreements with Dell and Apple.
Arts Initiative at Columbia University: The CU Arts Initiative offers discounts to movies, Broadway, off-Broadway and other live performances, and access to cultural institutions throughout the city to faculty and staff.
Six Flags Great Adventure: Save more than 50% on the price of a ticket to Six Flags Great Adventure by purchasing your tickets through Columbia. Every theme park ticket comes with a ticket to Wild Safari. Learn more about pricing information and the seasonal calendar.
- Log into the website and enter Username: cunycga and Password: SixFlags1. Password is case-sensitive.
Columbia Bookstore: Show your University ID Card at the registers of the Barnes & Noble on the Morningside campus to receive 10% off select items.
Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts connects Columbia University employees and students to over 250 top national retailers offering incredible employee discounts and private offers. A few popular retailers include: Lands’ End, Costco, Ralph Lauren, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Kmart, Target, J.Crew, Brooks Brothers, 1800Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD, Shoes.com, Avis, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Citibank Mortgage Program, Restaurant.com, FragranceNet & Many More!
- Register now and enjoy instant access - it’s easy and you can access the site from both work and home!
Other personal discounts on software, electronics and other items are also available from certain University vendors through Purchasing's Preferred Vendor List.
SpendLess: As part of the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Harris Rothenberg, International (HRI), faculty and staff have access to SpendLess, an online program that offers exclusive discounts on a variety of name-brand products and services at national retailers, such as Ann Taylor, Avis, Barnes & Noble, Blockbuster, The Children’s Place, Footlocker, GAP, GNC, PETsMART, ProFlowers, Target, and more.
- Log in to the EAP website (Username: Columbia, Password: eap).
- Click on “click here for the HRI website.”
- Once on the HRI website click on “Daily Living” in the left-hand navigation.
- Next click on “Discount Center – SpendLess” and follow the instructions to register for this free program. (SpendLess may ask you for your company code and email. Type in "SpendLess" as the company code, and type in your email address.)
Working Advantage: Columbia University is pleased to offer a great benefit—Working Advantage! With Working Advantage, you can save up to 40% on movie tickets and up to 37% on BLOCKBUSTER® movie rentals nationwide. Working Advantage also offers incredible discounts on Broadway Theatre, theme parks, hotels, sporting events, family events, online shopping, gift certificates, seasonal ski tickets and more!
- To register for your free account: Go to the Working Advantage webpage and click on “Register” in the orange box at the top of the page. Then click “Employees Click Here.” Please contact email@example.com for the member ID number.
Columbia students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive discounts from the following phone carriers. The account must be in the Columbia member's name to qualify.
AT&T (formerly Cingular): 20% off per month and other discounts
Sprint/Nextel: 19% off per month and other discounts.
Call: (866) 693-8354
Go to a store near you: www.sprint.com/storelocator
Bring your Columbia University ID or paystub and mention this code: GAUNV_CLB_ZZZ
Click here to see all Columbia University Faculty and Staff Exclusive Offers
Click Here To Shop T-Mobile Now, or call (866) 464-8662 [option 1].
For upgrades, visit our T-Mobile retail store. You must identify yourself as an employee of Columbia University and mention Promo Code:12713TMOFAV. If you require additional support please contact David Holdwright by phone at (973) 960-4499 or by email at David.holdwright@T-Mobile.com.
- No annual service contracts
- T-Mobile will pay your Early Termination Fees up to $650/line
- International Talk & Text get unlimited data, coverage in over 100 countries, without signing an annual service contract. Even better, texting is free and calls are only 20 cents a minute. All included in the Simple Choice Plan
- Phone upgrades whenever you want with JUMP!
- A wide selection of the latest phones and tablets
- $25 Advantage Reward Card with purchase of a device each and every time you activate a new line of service, upgrade your device, or add a line to your account. Learn more.
- These offers are not available in stores.
- Click here for an Exclusive Offer from T-Mobile for Columbia University Employees
Verizon Wireless: 17% off per month and other discounts
Click here for a Special Discount on Verizon Fios for Columbia University Employees
Campus Travel Management: Through Campus Travel Management, Columbians can receive free/discounted services for all their travel-related needs.
Transportation Services has partnered with NJ TRANSIT to offer all currently enrolled full-time undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to purchase a bus, rail, or light rail monthly pass at 25% off the regular monthly pass price.
ZipCar: Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked all over the city! Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
100 East 96th Street (bet. Park & Lex)
New York, NY 10128
Store Hours: Monday – Saturday, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Columbia Faculty and Staff are offered free eye exams, plus half price on all frames, including designer frames.
Call or email for an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome and the doctor is on the premises. Please provide your University ID Card in order to take advantage of this discount offer.