Online Learning at Columbia UniversityThese courses are offered through SkillSoft, our external vendor partner, and are available to you anytime, anywhere. More than 1,000 online courses are available at your fingertips. There is no need to register, just log in, search and take a class free of charge.
There are a few technical requirements to keep in mind:
- You need to have the latest version of Java installed and enabled.
- You should disable pop-up blockers when you log in to take a class, so that the course windows will display properly.
- The officially supported web browser is Internet Explorer. Safari use is also supported. Other browsers may experience technical issues in some courses.
Launch Skills @ Columbia now. All you need is your UNI and password to propel you into a gateway of online learning, at no charge to you, anytime, anywhere.
Online Learning through Skills @ Columbia - Course Highlights
Please Note: The restriction on running Java on CUIT-managed computers has been removed. You should now be able to access all Skills @ Columbia online courses on your desktop. However, if you still wish to complete the Do the Right Thing training program or any other Skills @Columbia course in the Studebaker Computer lab, 622 West 132nd Street, Room 160, the schedule of available times is as follows:
Computer Lab Schedule to Take Online Courses, Including Doing the Right Thing Program
| Monday, September 23
||12 - 1:30||Studebaker, TR 160||Register|
|Monday, September 30||12 - 1:30||Studebaker, TR 160||Register|
Please note the Computer Lab is available only during the timeframes indicated. If you are unable to attend the initial time you selected, please register for another date.
Books 24x7 through Skills @ Columbia
We invite you to explore the resources available to you on Books 24x7. There are a variety of topics and titles that map to and supplement our classroom training curriculum. To access Books 24x7, please log in to Skills @ Columbia and click on the Books 24x7 link on the upper right hand of the Skills @ Columbia home screen page.
For more information on how to access Books 24x7, please click on the following link for our detailed job aid, Getting Started with Books24x7.
Books 24x7 through Skills @ Columbia - Highlights
Along with our in-person and free Skills @ Columbia courses, online training through lynda.com is available to all Columbia faculty and staff wishing learn more software, technology, creative, and business skills to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Our subscription for the Columbia community gives us unlimited access to a vast library of high-quality, current, and engaging video tutorials taught by recognized industry experts.
To get started, go to lynda.com for Columbia and log in with your UNI and password.
You can also download the app from iTunes for your iOS device: Lynda.com iOS app! Here's how:
- Download the lynda.com app from the iTunes Store
- Start the lynda.com app on your iOS device
- Select the Web Portal Access button from the login options
- On the "Web Portal Access" field, enter: columbia.edu
- Enter your UNI and password on the Columbia authentication page
- Select a course and start learning
Lynda.com - Highlights