Columbia University offers an extensive training catalog to provide you with easily accessible courses and materials to help build skills and effectiveness using our HR system.
Certain roles require completion of training courses and satisfactorily passing associated knowledge assessments before access to PAC modules is granted. Access the PAC Roles to Training Courses Guide or an overview of the required trainings per PAC role as well as recommended training courses.
Within the PAC application itself, there is a help feature that will bring up the training material relevant to the transaction you are working on within PAC. For a quick demonstration of how this works please view the video below (note, there is not audio for this video).
Training resources include:
- Web-Based PAC Training – Online classes that provide context for transaction and business processes along with recorded simulations of PAC transactions.
- Job Aids – Quick reference tools that provide step by step guidance on how to complete a task.
- Course Catalog – Print-friendly versions of the web-based courses
- Classroom Sessions - “PAC Refresher Sessions” are offered for learners who completed in-class or web-based PAC training and provides the opportunity to ask questions and practice actions specific to your needs.
- Other Web-Based Training – Non-PAC related software and career development training is available through Lynda.com accessible through the Training Catalog.
Browse the Course Catalog to review all available training materials.
To obtain assistance, request a service, ask a question or report an issue, please contact the HR Service Center.