“PAC” is an acronym that stands for People @ Columbia. It is the customized version of PeopleSoft Human Resources Capital Management that integrates and processes all Human Resources and Payroll transactions for Columbia University.
Access and Availability
PAC access is determined by the security roles and levels granted. Security defines the pages a user can access and the departments for which the user can transact. Certain roles require completion of training courses and satisfactorily passing associated knowledge assessments before access is granted. View the PAC Roles and Training Chart in the Related Documents section for more detail about which courses are required for specific PAC roles.
To submit a new access request or to update or replace your existing access, complete the Columbia University People @ Columbia (PAC) Security Application in ServiceNow.
To delete access: Access is automatically deleted upon termination or transfer to another department. In addition, if a user is not changing positions, but needs to remove PAC access (or only certain PAC access), please submit an incident to ServiceNow and include the users UNI and the specific roles/departments to be removed.
For guidance on PAC roles, approval levels, access requirements, and how to complete the Security Application, access the PAC Security Application Handbook and approval job aids in the Related Documents section.
Once you have been approved for access, you will receive an email from PAC Security. Please contact the HR Service Center if you have any questions regarding your access.
PAC Security Guidelines
- 90-Day Password Expiration: Columbia University requires that all users of the PeopleSoft application change their password every 90 days. This is a precaution to help protect the sensitive personal and payroll data of all faculty and staff.
- Changing your Password: To change your password, please go to the CUIT Manage My UNI page.
- Restriction from Accessing Your Own Job Record: You are not allowed to view your own job information in Manager Self-Service; your supervisor must generate any PAFs that are required for your position.
- Department Changes: If you transfer departments, your PAC access is automatically removed. This includes transfers between levels 6, 7, and 8 departments within the same home department (e.g., your position is moved from one level 8 department to another within the same division). To reinstate your access, please complete a new security application and request all required roles and departments once the transfer has been completed in PAC.
PAC Hours of Availability
The PAC application is available daily except for the time listed below:
- Thursday: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
In addition, there may be system downtime periodically throughout the year to accommodate required system maintenance. This will be announced to users in advance through a notice on the myColumbia portal.
Access the PAC System Announcements Archive to see the archive of PAC announcements.