The Learning & Development team helps support the personal and professional development of Columbia University faculty and staff at various stages of their career through a variety of live training programs and online resources.
Programs For All Faculty and Staff
- For new colleagues, please join us at the Morningside Faculty and Staff Orientation: Welcome Program and learn about benefits and other important University resources.
- For on-demand, free e-learning courses on topics ranging from software training to managerial skills, please visit Online Learning.
These flexible learning opportunities are accessible to you 24/7.
- During the fall and spring terms, we offer a variety of affordable, high-quality in-person classes that covers a broad spectrum of topics, from communication skills to team building. For course and registration information, please visit Classroom Learning. Our classes are open to faculty, staff, alumni and their spouses.
Programs For Managers
We offer several workshops and programming specifically designed for managers at Columbia, including:
- Navigating Columbia University as a New Manager/Supervisor
- Managing Performance at Columbia University
- Management Development Program
Additional classes can be found in the Developing Your Team section of the Classroom Learning page.
- For schools or departments seeking customized learning solutions for in-tact teams, we offer in-house consulting services.
We look forward to having you participate in our professional development opportunities.
We welcome your comments, and encourage you to contact us directly if you have any questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.