The Learning & Development team helps support the personal and professional development of faculty and staff at various stages of their career through a variety of live training programs and online resources.
Programs For All Faculty and Staff
- For new colleagues, please join us at the Morningside Faculty and Staff Orientation: Welcome Program and learn about benefits and other important University resources. Morningside Faculty and Staff Orientation: Welcome Program and learn about benefits and other important University resources.
- For on-demand, free e-learning courses on topics ranging from software training to managerial skills, please visit Online Learning. These flexible learning opportunities are accessible to you 24/7.
- During the fall and spring terms, we offer a variety of affordable, high-quality in-person classes that covers a broad spectrum of topics, from communication skills to team building. For course and registration information, please visit Classroom Learning. Our classes are open to faculty, staff, alumni and their spouses.
Programs For Managers
- For new managers, we offer a 2-day program entitled Navigating the University as a New Manager.
- For managers of all levels, we offer a full day course on Managing Performance at Columbia University.
- For schools or departments seeking customized learning solutions for in-tact teams, we offer in-house consulting services.
We look forward to having you participate in our professional development opportunities.
We welcome your comments, and encourage you to contact us directly if you have any questions or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.