The Columbia University Management Development Program (MDP) is a classroom-training certificate series designed to build fundamental management skills. Program classroom training workshops are designed to help managers:
- Establish greater personal self-awareness
- Gain practical management tools and techniques
- Build and enhance key skills in managing staff
- Share best practices with colleagues
Managers gain essential tools, explore best practices and leverage skill building opportunities that strengthen team performance through clear goal setting, effective communication, practical decision making, understanding key human resource policies, effectively partnering with others, measuring performance and providing staff coaching and feedback. The following model summarizes target classroom training workshops featured in the Management Development Program (MDP).
Download the MDP Overview for more information about the training certificate series including enrollment requirements, fees and participant expectations.
How do I Enroll
- Download and complete the MDP Enrollment Form
- Save the form as "MDP Enrollment Form_First and Last Name." For example, "MDP Enrollment Form_John Smith." This will ensure your information is accurately captured when you save and send the file.
- Have your manager complete the Manager's Statement of Support section of the Enrollment Form.
- Submit the MDP Enrollment Form to Victoria Durden, Senior Manager of Learning & Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDP sessions have limited seating available. Participants must commit to the full training schedule to be considered.