In an emergency, call:
United States or Canada: 888-226-4567 and choose Option 1
All other locations, call collect: 202-331-7635
The toll-free customer service center is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Please reference Group Number 57 when you contact Cigna Secure Travel.
For more information, email Cigna Secure Travel at email@example.com.
Important! Services are only covered if coordinated by Cigna Secure Travel.
When you are covered under our Basic Term Life Insurance Plan (from Cigna), you and your eligible dependents are also covered for emergency travel assistance (“Cigna Secure Travel”) when traveling 100+ miles from home or when traveling in a foreign country for trips up to 180 days. Travel can be either personal or workrelated. This assistance can be for situations as serious as needing to be evacuated from a foreign country to something as simple as information on visas.
This program can help you with travel emergencies both in the U S and internationally. Here is a summary of the range of services Cigna Secure Travel offers:
- Emergency medical evacuation
- 24-hour multi-lingual assistance
- Pre-trip planning services, including foreign travel
- Medical and prescription drug assistance
- Medical referrals
- Locating medical care
- Medical insurance coordination
- Emergency transportation
- Emergency evacuation when adequate medical facilities are not available locally
- Family or friend travel arrangements
- Travel assistance
- Provide assistance with emergency credit card and ticket replacement
- Provide assistance with emergency passport replacement
- Assistance with lost or stolen items
- Repatriation of remains
- Emergency cash—Advance up to $1,500 with confirmation of reimbursement
- Personal security
- Latest information on social or political unrest
- Legal referrals to local attorneys, embassies and consulates
- Weather or health hazards
- Security evacuation services
The University also provides additional emergency assistance resources. If you are traveling to another country for official Columbia purposes, be sure to register in advance of your trip at globalsupport.columbia.edu.